Monday, November 2, 2009

Jumping in A Jell-O Castle

I know I did promise that I will post about the Open House I went for but I didn't manage to do it. I'm really sorry for being late. Actually I was going to post about but I wasn't able to find time.

Well the open house started out very well. We went to Lavinya's house-my classmate. We had a very good lunch and watch a totally freaky movie. Will explain on that in a while. So while we were having lunch, Caroline, another classmate walks into the house looking very down. I kinda sensed that something was wrong because she is usually very bubbly and cheerful. So i asked her what was wrong but she said that she was just tired. So then we watched the movie "Coraline".

It was one freaky movie. I thought it was gonna be a nice movie to watch with kids or something. I was even thinking of borrowing the DVD to watch it with my niece and nephew. But after watching it, there was no way I would allow them to watch it. It's an animation movie but it's so scary. So creepy. I definitely would not encourage little kids to watch that because it would give them nightmares for sure.


Anyway, after the movie we were having some muruku and cookies. We were just sitting around and chatting and cracking jokes but Caroline didn't laugh but tried hard to put a smile on her face. So I again asked her if there was something wrong. Then she finally opened up. Actually another friend of ours was suppose to come for the little gathering but called up at the last minute and said that she couldn't make it. Caroline then told us that it was because that's girls father just passed away that morning. We were all in shock. So we called up our friend and talked to her. It was so sad because she could hardly say a word but just cry. So we decided to go visit the next day. After calling her, everyone was so down.

So Lavinya came up with a brilliant idea to lighten up the mood. She brought out a box of 'Tumbling Monkeys'. And it really did put a smile on all our faces. Then I came up with a not so brilliant idea that the loser should do the MONKEY DANCE. It's really the same as the CHICKEN DANCE but you would sing it more like..."OHH..OHH..AHH..AHH".


So that was pretty much it for that day. It's a great idea to have games around the house to cheer people up. Especially something like tumbling monkeys. It is now my current favourite game.

Then two days ago I went to watch Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. It's a really fun movie for kids to watch. And as you can see the title of my post, my favourite scene was the Jell-O Castle. That looked so fun. I wish there was a play pan which looked like that. I would probably enjoy it more than the kids.

And now the final part of my post, if JESUS IN BLUE JEANS. This is an awesome book that I have been reading. And i'm almost done with it. My church school teacher was the one who borrowed it to me. He said that it was a good book. Even the title is very interesting. The author is Laurie Beth Jones who also wrote Jesus CEO and The Path. I've never come across those two books before but would love to read it. I don't know why but everyone who sees me reading this book end up laughing. Maybe it the title. I mean not many would picture Jesus in blue jeans. Most people just have the idea of Him in a robe. In the book, the author writes that she had a dream of her standing in a meadow and suddenly she sees a man standing in front of her wearing blue jeans. She looked closer and was shocked to see that it was Jesus in blue jeans. Then Jesus said to her, "Why are you so suprised? I came to them in robes because they wore robes. I come to you in blue jeans because you wear blue jeans".

That is just amazing to know that Jesus comes to us as we are. He loves us for who we are. He understands us even more than we understand ourselves. He wears blue jeans because we wear them too. Such an amazing God we have don't we?? So anyway if you ever find this book anywhere, I would encourage you to get it and read it. It's such an inspirational book.


Well that's all for today. God Bless =)

0 comments: