Saturday, May 30, 2009

Life On The Fast Lane

The alarm rings at 5.30 am. Time to get ready for another day. You do not have breakfast with the family because you have no time. You rush to send you kids to school and then rush to work. You're already late and a crazy bike rider almost runs into you. You shout at him and keep driving. Drop you kid at school without saying goodbye.

You finally reach your work place and someone steals you parking spot. You park your car in front of another and rush in to your office. You are in trouble with the boss for coming late. He says, "You've been late for 3 weeks now. I'm sorry but you've just lost your job."

You walk out of the building feeling so down. As if that's not enough, you get a ticket for parking at the wrong spot. You drive back home - frustrated, worried and disappointed. Tomorrow is Sunday. You decide not to go to church. You do not feel good. You want something more. You feel something is missing. It's a feeling that wasn't there before.

....

This isn't the life I designed for you. Come on closer, there's a better view. I have given you something better. Something worth wild. Something's out there, that is sure to make you smile.

Now close your eyes. Relax your mind. Be still for a moment and hear my voice.

"Have you seen the sky? That sapphire wonder above you high. The cool air it brings in the morning. The marvelous colours at sunset. The beauty it brings at night with the sparkling stars and the amazing moonlight.

Have you felt the grass. That emerald that tickles your toes. When you lie on it, It feels like you never want to get up. The lovely green carpet I have given for you to run on. Even if you fall, I assure you there won't be pain at all.

Have you looked at the eagles above? The soar with such boldness and confidence in their eyes. Those mighty wings are so beautiful too see. Both for you and for me.

Have you walked on the golden sand? That golden flour that some call land. Your feet sink in as the waters rush in. Believe me that's the most pleasant feeling.

You can run all day and jump like nuts. You can stay up all night and watch the stars. The best part of all is that you'll be close to me. And happy we will surely be."

....

This is the life I want for you. If you are happy, I'll be to. Whatever you choose I'm always by your side. In your heart I want to abide.


With lots of Love,
JC

0 comments: